Background information: REDO water as performance enhancer
Growth promoters are special substances with a positive effect on feed conversion and weight gain.
- For a long time, antibiotics have been used as growth promoters or performance enhancers for animals. Small doses of antibiotics not only improve animal health, but change the gastric bacterial equilibrium in a favorable way and thus increase output.
- However, antibiotics are banned (in the EU: since 2006) for very good reasons (antibiotics resistance in humans). Similarly, hormones have been banned.
- Agricultural experts have tried various alternatives to antibiotics: Rare earths, probiotics, various herbs, organic acids or feed acids, certain minerals etc. All of those alternatives are either very expensive or not as effective.
- Chlorine water disinfection was found to have a limited growth promoting effect as well, however the taste and smell of chlorine prevents animals from drinking enough.
REDO as growth promotor
- REDO shows the best effectiveness compared to all other growth promotors – with a bio-compatible mix of agents, without any side effects to health, without irritating smell or taste, and at minimal operating cost
- Resistances, like with antibiotics, do not develop. In contrary, REDO water is bio-compatible, and it is absolutely not harmful to human health. REDO is produced by electrolysis while adding just salt and electricity. Therefore, there is no need for handling of chemicals.
- The taste of REDO water is impeccable. Particularly, animals with intestinal infections instinctively look for REDOlyt, if it is offered in a separate drinker or trough.
- REDO water not only disinfects the piping systems and troughs, but also mouth or beak, oesophagus and the upper part of the stomach, so that after a while, the natural, optimal gastro-intestinal flora is achieved and maintained.
REDO water – very effective even if your farm has best water quality
REDO has three effects:
(1) It prevents any microbiological contamination in the water.
(2) It actively disinfects drinker systems and troughs, thereby improving animal health.
(3) It eliminates unnecessary or harmful bacteria in the intestinal flora of the hens, thereby improving feed conversion and vitality.
So even if your farm already has best incoming water quality, you will still benefit from the effects (2) and (3) above.
Just as one of our reference customers did: Their incoming water also was impeccable, however over time, the hens introduced germs in the pipeline network. Gradually, biofilm developed in the pipeline system and was only removed later, after installation of the REDO water treatment system. It needed some time to completely remove the biofilm – that is why the full amount of productivity improvements only showed after about a month.